Job opportunity: Senior Communications Advisor (1.0 FTE)
We're looking for a great all-rounder who's interested in using their exceptional science communications and outreach skills to help tackle a critical environmental science challenge facing the nation.
- Based at NIWA on Wellington's waterfront
- Full-time, 12-month fixed term (parental leave cover)
This fulltime role is critical in ensuring that Sustainable Seas effectively communicates its mission and research to Māori and a wide range of stakeholders, including central and regional government, industry, community groups, NGOs and the public.
This role is extremely varied. You will be responsible for:
- Ongoing review, refinement and delivery of the Challenge's communications and outreach strategy
- External communications content across a number of channels (including website, social media, e-newsletter, print material, webinars, and media)
- Outreach activities
- Supporting the Challenge’s iwi and stakeholder engagement
- Helping manage the Challenge's brand and reputation
You will work with the Senior Leadership team, researchers, stakeholders and Challenge parties; and report directly to the Challenge Director.
You will have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent industry experience. You will have executed successful communications activities – including events – for large organisations, be an excellent writer and be able to communicate with a wide range of audiences using a variety of channels. Experience working within the science/government sector would be an advantage.
We are offering a competitive remuneration package, free on-site carparking, and the opportunity to work alongside NIWA's professional, friendly and supportive Communications & Marketing team.
Ideal start date is early April to ensure a good handover period.
Deadline for applications: 11:55pm, Sunday 18 Feb 2018