The group provides strategic and independent support, advice and guidance, and helps with stakeholder engagement.
The panel provides an annual report to the Governance Board.
The members are:
- Naomi Parker, MPI
- Blake Hornblow, Youth representative
- Bronwen Turner, Manukau Harbour Restoration Society
- Cameron Madgwick, PEPANZ
- Chris Baker, Straterra
- Dr Dennis Bush-King, Tasman District Council
- Eric Jorgensen, Marlborough Marine Futures Group
- Gary Hooper, Aquaculture NZ
- Glenn Wigley, MfE
- Jacqueline Rowarth, EPA
- Jeremy Helson, Fisheries Inshore NZ
- Jeroen Jongejans, Dive Tutukaka
- Hilary Aikman, DOC
- Kevin Hague, Forest & Bird
- Kirsty Woods, Te Ohu Kaimoana
- Peter Hardstaff, WWF
Latest news and updates
In May, Betty (our ocean glider), spent 24 days travelling 610km through the Cook Strait’s turbulent waters continuously recording temperature, salinity, oxygen concentration, light, acoustic recordings, and more. This data is important for developing better models.
With all but one of our research projects underway, the time was right to bring our cohort of Māori researchers together to share research findings and discuss important issues such as IP and mātauranga Māori.
We’re pretty proud of Betty – the ocean glider we share with NIWA. She’s an amazing piece of marine technology that gives us detailed information about the oceans that we couldn’t get any other way.