The group provides strategic and independent support, advice and guidance, and helps with stakeholder engagement.
The panel provides an annual report to the Governance Board.
The members are:
- Naomi Parker, MPI
- Blake Hornblow, Youth representative
- Bronwen Turner, Manukau Harbour Restoration Society
- Cameron Madgwick, PEPANZ
- Chris Baker, Straterra
- Dr Dennis Bush-King, Tasman District Council
- Eric Jorgensen, Marlborough Marine Futures Group
- Gary Hooper, Aquaculture NZ
- Glenn Wigley, MfE
- Jacqueline Rowarth, EPA
- Jeremy Helson, Fisheries Inshore NZ
- Jeroen Jongejans, Dive Tutukaka
- Hilary Aikman, DOC
- Kevin Hague, Forest & Bird
- Kirsty Woods, Te Ohu Kaimoana
- Peter Hardstaff, WWF
Latest news and updates
Lara Taylor and Tania Te Whenua gave this presentation at the NZ Coastal Society conference. This research is part of the 'Ecosystem-based management (EBM) within NZ's existing legislative framework' project, which is developing a better understanding of the opportunities and constraints offered by current legislation and decision-making processes.
Conrad Pilditch gave this presentation at the NZ Coastal Society conference. The research is part of the 'Tipping points in ecosystem structure, function and services' project.
Caine Taiapa gave a presentation at the NZ Coastal Society conference about enacting Māori values in the marine environment.