Innovation Fund is open for blue economy initiatives
We invite NZ-based researchers, industry, stakeholders and Māori to submit expressions of Interest (EoIs) for research projects that will contribute directly to building a ‘blue economy’ in Aotearoa.
Areas of interest include – but are not limited to:
- Developing new marine products or sectors
- Innovation and commercialisation in existing marine sectors
- Mātauranga Māori-inspired marine innovation
- improving or adding value to marine industry production, processing, certification or supply chain management
- Risk management models for marine enterprises under climate change
- Tech innovation to reduce marine enterprises’ environmental footprint
- Novel indicators for all aspects of blue economy outcomes
- Restorative aquaculture that benefits local communities and/or harnesses mātauranga Māori
- Ecological infrastructure to address impacts of environmental change
Other innovative ideas are encouraged.
No specific weighting will be accredited to these topics over and above other innovative proposals.
Closing date for EoI submissions: 12 noon, Monday 18 May 2020
Find out more and download the request for proposals (RFP) document on the Innovation Fund 2020 page
Detailed information and criteria are specified in the RFP, but if you have questions then join Nick Lewis (Theme Lead – Blue Economy) and Martin de Beer (Engagement Facilitator – Business) for a live webinar Q&A to find out more.
We welcome questions in advance; please email them to sustainableseasNC@niwa.co.nz
If you wish to discuss the scope of the project ahead of submitting an EoI then contact Julie Hall, Director, email@example.com 027 595 2369